- The West Virginia Agricultural Extension Service, a program of West Virginia University, offers a variety of gardening classes each season for new and experienced gardeners. Contact Emily Morrow at 304 728-7413 x 2 or Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn how to succeed as a straw bale gardener with How-To-Videos, written articles & advice from enthusiastic Straw Bale gardeners in a community forum. You’ll be surprised at what you can grow!
- Heather Jo Flores, who wrote a book called Grow Food Not Lawns, offers free permaculture book, classes and ongoing forums. Her (free) book is here. On this website you will also find articles and videos linked, and a gallery of “before and after” lawn photos. A link to her (free) permaculture course is here. She is truly a gift to permaculture.
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life, by Barbara Kingsolver. Harper Perennial: 2007. A memoir and journalist investigation following the author’s family for a year, during which they resolved to eat only what they grew on their farm in southern Appalachia or bought locally.
- Edible Landscaping with a Permaculture Twist by Michael Judd. A fun-filled how-to manual for the budding gardener and experienced green thumb alike. Full of creative and easy-to-follow designs that guide you to having your yard and eating it too!
- The Resilient Farm and Homestead by Ben Falk. An innovative permaculture and whole systems design approach. with practical information on landshaping, water security, perennial crops, soil fertility, nutrient dense food and more.
- Integrated Forest Gardening by Wayne Weiseman, Daniel Halsey and Bryce Ruddock. The Complete Guide to Polycultures and plant guilds in permaculture systems.
- Gaia’s Garden by Toby Hemenway, a guide to Home-Scale Permaculture, with attention to building and maintaining soil fertility and structure.
- The Carbon Farming Solution by Eric Toensmeier. A Global Toolkit of Perennial Crops and Regenerative Agriculture Practices for Climate Change Mitigation and Food Security
- Farming While Black: Soul Fire Farm's Practical Guide to Liberation on the Land by Leah Penniman, Chelsea Green Publishing, 2018.